Happy New Year, considered to be the biggest Bollywood movie to release during the Diwali (Indian Festival), was released in the GCC on 23rd Oct 2014 with a PG 13 rating from the UAE censor board.
Charlie (Shahrukh Khan), the son of a has been well known safe maker who was framed for a crime that was committed by Jackie Sharoff (whose character name I forgot), sets out to take revenge by teaming up with a hacker, a safe cracker, a bomb specialist, a duplicate and a dancer by robbing diamonds and framing it on Jackie Sharoff. But for that, they have to participate in the World Dancing Competition.
- Shahrukh Khan is in his usual charming seld (and not to mention he has eight packs)
- Every actor has given a good performance
- A good entertaining movie for all ages
- Many useless scenes are inserted in to the movie because of which the movie runs for more than three hours
- There are the usual patriotic songs and dialogues to capture the hearts of NRIs (don’t believe me? just listen to the “Indiawaale” song. It’s just the beginning)
- The story is very much predictable
- Some characters forgets their character traits to the end of the movie
- Logical reasoning is obviously out of the question
- The heroes of the movie are actually the villains of the movie. I am not going to explain it here because of, you know, SPOILERS
I am going to be very frank here. I am not a Shahrukh Khan fan, but I am not going to give a biased review because of that. It is a one time watchable movie and a must watch for every Shahrukh Khan fans (duh!).